Medical engineering is one of the new interdisciplinary specialties of the Maritime Advanced Research Centre
It requires combining many rapidly developing fields of basic, technical and medical sciences. The effect of research and design activities is the use of technical devices in specific conditions of contact with the human body for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes as well as to support or replace organs.
The main research directions concern:
- methodology for numerical calculations of flows of viscous non-Newtonian fluids,
- non-contact bearing and magnetic drive,
- methods of controlling cardiac support devices,
- design and construction of precise positions for experimental research on heart support devices,
- numerical analyzes and experimental in vitro tests of biological aortic valve prostheses,
- devices used in the rehabilitation of the disabled.
More information about research and projects is available at the following links: